The Avatar Creator lets your users create and edit their avatars. They can do so on the Ready Player Me Hub, or you can integrate the Avatar Creator directly in your application.
Ready Player Me Avatar Creator
You create avatars using the interactive web-based Avatar Creator.
Access the Avatar Creator as follows.
Ready Player Me supports full-body and half-body avatars.
Full-body avatars are represented by a complete 3D model.
Half-body avatars for VR applications consist of a head and hands.
The creation process is the same once you land on one of the sites.
- 1.Go to the site and, if necessary, login.
- 2.If the option is available, choose to create a full-body or half-body avatar.
- 3.Follow the prompts to complete your design.
- 4.Copy and save the URL for your avatar.
Both full and half-body avatar data is saved in a single binary GLB asset. The contents of the GLB asset include everything that's needed to render the avatar: meshes, textures, blend shapes, skeletal rig, and PBR materials.
The avatar data is available via a unique URL as a .glb file that can be fetched or downloaded.
If you are using the demo.readyplayer.me site, or are otherwise not logged in:
- 1.Follow the avatar creation sequence.
- 2.Click the final Next.
- 3.From the Download the avatar dialog, copy the URL and save it somewhere.
Logged in to the Ready Player Me website:
- 1.Login to your account.
- 2.Find your existing avatar.
- 3.Click the vertical dots menu in the avatar portrait.
- 4.From the popup menu, click Copy .gbl URL.
Download or get a URL for your avatar