Avatar Creator Integration
Integrate the Ready Player Me Avatar Creator in your Unity application.
You have two options for integrating the Avatar Creator in your Unity game.
- Integrate the plug-and-play WebView Avatar Creator.
- Use the Avatar Creator package for Unity and create your own Custom Avatar Creator.
The following sections will help you decide whether to use the WebView or the Custom Avatar Creator.
The WebView Avatar Creator runs inside a browser within your application. It communicates via PostMessage with your application (e.g. returns the Avatar URL).
- You will always have the latest Ready Player Me Avatar Creator features without any coding necessary.
- Plug and Play.
- Integration can be done in a few minutes.
The Custom Avatar Creator for Unity is a separate package that builds on top of the Ready Player Me Unity SDK. It provides all the functionality needed to create your own Avatar Creator and use all the assets and backend of Ready Player Me. It comes with examples to showcase all available features.
- Fully customizable UX/UI as it is natively built in Unity.
- Runs on all platforms that Unity supports.
- Ready to use example.
- You can cut features as you like.
- More work to integrate.
- Maintenance load when Ready Player Me introduces new features.