Import and configure the Unreal Engine SDK for your project.
- Verify that your Unreal Version is Unreal Engine 4.27, Unreal Engine 5, or higher.
- Make sure that you have Visual Studio installed, it should be because Unreal Engine depends on it. In order for Unreal Engine to work properly you might need to install the following packages from the Visual Studio Installer: Desktop development With C++, Game development with C++, .NET desktop development.
Follow the steps to download and import the Ready Player Me SDK and its dependency glTFRuntime to your project.
- 1.Create a new project, in case you don't have an existing project, where you want to integrate Ready Player Me Avatars.
- 2.Close the Unreal editor.
- 3.Create a directory in your project folder and name it Plugins.
- 4.Download and import the Ready Player Me SDK Into your Project. Therefore, go to the Ready Player Me release page on GitHub, download the Source code (zip) file, unpack it into the Plugins folder, and name the unpacked folder ReadyPlayerMe. Make sure that the ReadyPlayerMe folder doesn't have a nested folder.
- 6.Open your project in Unreal Engine.
- 7.You should receive the Missing Modules popup. Click Yes, and wait for the Editor to open with your project. THIS CAN TAKE SEVERAL MINUTES, PLEASE WAIT. See Troubleshooting if you get an error and your project didn't build.
- 8.You successfully imported the Ready Player Me Unity SDK and the glTFRuntime plugin.
When you integrate the SDK for the first time, you will be greeted with our Setup Guide editor window to guide you through the setup process.
Open your Application
On the top you find the Application Details (Subdomain and App ID)
If you want to sign up later, you can also write "demo" in the field.
These fields are needed for the avatar creator to work properly. You can always update the app ID and the subdomain from the project settings.
Then click the next button.
Next, you can enable/disable analytics. This helps us improve the SDKs.
Click the Finish Setup button.
The integration guide will help you find the most essential material to integrate Ready Player Me successfully.
The quickest way to see our Ready Player Me avatars in action is to open the Quickstart map by clicking the Load Quickstart Map button.
Open the QuickStart map and click Play. You can see the default avatar and move around with it.
- 1.Press the Q key on the keyboard. This will open the avatar creator window.
- 2.Create your personal avatar and click the Save button when you are done.
- 3.After loading is complete, you will see your avatar.
The third-person controller is currently designed to work with a keyboard and mouse using the deprecated Unreal Input system. This is done intentionally to support Unreal Engine 4.27.
- In the Content Browser click Settings (cogwheel icon on the far right)(View Options in UE4). Make sure Show Plugin Content and Show Engine Content are both checked.
- In the Content Browser, expand Plugins and scroll or use search until you find the ReadyPlayerMe Content folders.
Next, you will learn in more detail how to: