Unity SDK Core Module v1.1.0
Unity SDK Avatar Loader Module v1.1.0
Unity SDK WebView Module v1.1.0
- SDK split into three separate modules, all hosted on GitHub.
- Changelogs are now found in the CHANGELOG.md files for each module's Git repository
- IsWebViewUpToDate method is added for making sure the target device can handle 3D rendering.
- WebView Example updated with IsWebViewUpToDate usage.
- WebView android library is updated.
- Fixed a typo in the header attributes for the avatar request.
- URL processor handling for shortcodes to support URL redirects.
- Fix for CORS-related issues with Cloudfront URLs in WebGL.
- Fixed an issue on the LOD Example slider.
- LOD example scene and script added to Examples folder of Ready Player Me plugin.
- WebView Android Manifest will now have allowBackup:false to help fix WebGLES2 issues in older devices.
- Avatar API support in Avatar Loader, now users can create configurable avatars.
- Avatar Configuration Scriptable Object for requesting avatars with different configurations.
- Avatar Caching support for avatars created with different avatar configurations.
- Editor options and scripting API for Avatar Caching, Cache Cleaning, and Avatar Config.
- Timeout variable in AvatarLoader for setting timeout of all web requests.
- Shifted to using async/await instead of coroutines.
- Avatar Loader design shifted from a chain of methods to array of executable operations.
- Avatar loading operations can now be cancelled.
- Example scene for Avatar Config usage for showing multiple quality avatar loading.
- Short code handling logic updated for Avatar API.
- Visual updates for Avatar Loader and Settings windows.
- Avatar caching turned off by default.
- Avatars are now loaded without a default Animation Controller.
- Avatar URLs in example scenes are updated.
- Documentation updated.
- Avatar position flicker on load issue is fixed.
- WebView cache cleanup issue is fixed. KeepSessionAlive usage for restarting avatar loading.
- Half-body avatar loading error due to no Animator component issue is fixed.
- WebView white background flicker issue is fixed.
- Avatars are now cached at runtime and therefore loading much faster. Cached avatars are stored at Application.persistentDataPath.
- The SDKLogger that prints logs about the current operation and the status of the avatar loading process. Enabled by default.
- Please help us to improve the SDK by enabling analytics.
- You can now generate and render 2D images of avatars directly from the Unity SDK.
- You can now remove the session info after the avatar creation by setting the
KeepSessionAliveflag to false.
- Loaded avatars from the Avatar Loader Editor Window are now imported as prefabs.
- Example on how to load multiple avatars efficiently added to Runtime Examples folder.
- A new runtime debug panel has been added to the Runtime Example.
- The UI of the Avatar Loader is now cleaner and provides you with the most important functionality.
- The WebView Partner Editor has been renamed to a more general name Settings.
- VoiceHandler blend shape weight fix.
- Avatar Loader and Settings Dialog style issues on the first launch, in Unity 2020 and 2021 are fixed.
- Render pipeline error in Unity 2022 is fixed.
- Editor Coroutine runner duplicated when switching from play mode to edit mode fixed.
- OnFailed, OnProgressChanged and OnCompleted events for AvatarLoader. AvatarLoader with callbacks is now obsolete.
- Vuplex example package. If you own Vuplex, you can use this package to load avatars in VR or standalone builds.
- Ability to clean up the cache of the WebView, which helps you starts RPM from the beginning.
- StopCoroutine method added to CoroutineRunner.
- General refactoring of the package. Avatar creation operations separated into classes.
- Context menu for extracting animations from FBX files.
- Removed legacy post message event listener.
- Async loading issue causing mesh explosion.
- Eye Animation Handler play-mode update and blink rate field.
- Animation Target FBX files are removed, animations and animation avatars are moved into separate folders.
- MipMaps are disabled for avatar textures.
- Removed "Wolf3D" from namespace and component names and filenames.
- Renamed "Wolf3D Ready Player Me Avatar SDK" folder to "Ready Player Me".
- Partner subdomain not saved issue.
- Partner subdomain forced to return "demo" if set blank.
- Editor UI updates
- WebView IOS and Android platform dependent compilation blocks
- Loading avatars if short code URL is pasted
- WebView example close button behaviour update in UI
- Partner subdomain save issue
- Code commenting and typo fixes
- Former animation source FBX fields are removed.
- Layout and styles for Ready Player Me custom editor windows.
- FAQ button to custom editor windows.
- MessageCanvas replaced with MessagePanel for flexible use.
- WebView is called on a prefab which can be added via Game Object/UI/WebView Canvas menu.
- WebView example scene updated.
- Added OnAvatarImported callback to avatar loader, to receive the GameObject before it is processed.
- File name and typo fixes.
- MessageCanvas removed. Unsupported cases are covered by a message panel.
- webview.html is removed.
- Audio Clip support for Voice Handler.
- Project version is updated to 2019.4.11f1 LTS.
- Runtime Test scene has URL to an optimized avatar.
- Animation Target files updated with models with basic mesh.
- Animator is moved to root avatar object.
- Avatar Armature and HipBone scale are set to 1.
- Typo fixes and refactoring in general.
- Support for loading avatars from short codes.
- WebView menu window for editing partner subdomain in webview.html.
- General refactoring.
- RPM website updated to Unity SDK.
- VoiceHandler supports beard and teeth mesh.
- Animations not exporting correctly in the second time.
- WebView IOS permissions issues.
- WebView SSL Issue on Android.
- WebView does not send URL after window is restarted.
- Variable caching for Avatar Loader window.
- Reveal Animations Folder button to Avatar Loader window.
- Support for auto assigning animation files avatars during import.
- WebView no internet connection case cover.
- Animation target FBX files for V2 avatars are updated.
- WebView plugin is refactored and code is cleaned up.
- IOS WebView not receiving glb URL.
- Asset import order conflict between animation and animation target files fixed.
- Animation Controllers losing animation references fixed.
- MacOS support for WebView due to working only partially.
- Refactored eye and mouth movement scripts.
- Eye and animation handler now works for avatars with texture atlas.
- New Unity WebView plugin, which lets your users create an avatar from readyplayer.me without leaving their mobile application. You can see it in action on Android in a video here.
- Mouth Open blendshape index detection issue in VoiceHandler component is fixed.
- Asset Post-processor animation target file folder name causing all animation folders to be processed as humanoid is fixed.
We've updated full-body avatars rigs, removing issues with upside-down hip bones and improving skin weights. In order to take advantage of the improved full-body rigs, updating to the latest UnitySDK is advised.
- Animation Avatar Target files for V2 outfit rigs.
- Fetching avatar metadata such as outfit version, outfit gender, and body type.
- GLTFUtility Experimental Asset Importer namespace fix for 2020.1 or newer versions.
- Runtime loading of avatars.
- GLTFUtility optimizations for faster avatar loading.
- Fixes avatar loading for Android builds for Oculus Quest/Quest 2.