Try Me! Create an Avatar
Create an avatar using the web-based Avatar Creator.
The first step towards using a Ready Player Me avatar in any environment is to create one using the Ready Player Me Avatar Creator.
The Avatar Creator can be accessed through
- a web-based interface,
- a user account where users can store and manage all their avatars,
- partner sites for all partners,
- apps via an embedded WebView.
Each avatar is identified by a unique URL that can be used to download or import it into an environment.
You always start by creating an avatar with the Avatar Creator.
- 2.Click Full-body for your avatar type.
- 3.Choose a body type.
- 4.Take a selfie. You can also upload an existing photo or continue without a photo. If you continue without a photo, you can choose from a list of predefined starter avatars.
- 5.Follow the prompts to finish avatar creation.
- 6.When prompted, copy the avatar URL to the clipboard.
With this URL, you can access your avatar, download its specification, or import it into an app.
- 1.Paste your saved avatar URL into a browser to download the .glb file that contains the specification for your avatar.
- 2.Open the .glb file to view your avatar. You can examine your avatar in any viewer that supports .glb specifications. For example, on a Windows PC, double-click the file to open it in the default 3D Viewer.